Dear Patient and family members:
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We are excited to resume semi-normal working days starting May 4, 2020.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations to insure your safety and that of our staff.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- In an effort to keep our staff and our patients healthy we have restricted our lobby use.
- Our office will communicate with you a day or two before your appointment to ask some screening questions.
- When you arrive at the office please remain in your car and call the office to check in. You will be asked the screening questions again. 406-252-1078
- If you do not have a cell phone but have a scheduled appointment you may enter the office to check in. You will be screened and then asked to wait in your car.
- When Dr. Bagby or Kari are finished with their current patient and your treatment room is ready Connie, Kari or Jamie will come out and bring you in.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some located throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment or to reschedule your canceled appointment, please call our office 406-252-1078.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Ken Bagby and staff